Guidelines for Common Written Exam for recruitment in Regional Rural Banks
National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has published the guidelines for the Common Written Exam (CWE) for recruitment of Officer Scale I, II & III and of Office Assistant (Multipurpose) in the Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), on its website.
In terms of Government of India (GoI), Ministry of Finance, Department of Financial Services letter no. F.No.3/8/2010-RRB dated 23 Feb 2012; NABARD, along with the GoI, Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection (IBPS) and RRBs will be finalizing the methodology used in conducting the CWE for the recruitment of Officer’s Scale I, II & III and Office Assistants (Multipurpose) through IBPS. The guidelines are in line with the guidelines followed by the Public Sector Banks
The important features of the guidelines for CWE are:
- RRBs have to give IBPS an authorization to conduct CWE for a particular cadre on their behalf.
- A ‘General Notice’ to inform the public that recruitment for RRBs will now be conducted through IBPS, will be issued by NABARD on the behalf of the GoI.
- A separate Common Written Examination will be held for Group A* and Group B** cadre
Officer Junior Management Scale I
Officer Middle Management Scale II &
Officer Middle Management Scale III.
Clerical Cadre (Office Assistant- Multipurpose)
- IBPS will announce the CWE and invite applications from the aspiring candidates. The notification will specify Eligibility criteria in terms of Educational Qualification, Age and Experience. It will also state the rules and regulations of the CWE. Unlike CWE – Clerk, a candidate can write the exam from any state/centre of their choice as long as he/she has proficiency in the local language. Computer knowledge will be an added advantage.
- CWE’s will be conducted twice a year.
- NABARD will allot one RRB for each state as the Nodal RRB to coordinate and conduct exams under their charge in their respective states.
- IBPS will arrange a Pre-Examination Training (PET) through an agency with the help of the Nodal RRB. The Nodal RRB will be responsible for coordinating various activities relating to PET.
- IBPS will look after all the expenses borne by the RRBs during the CWE PET
- Exam centers will be decided by the IBPS
- IBPS will handle all the exam arrangements like, generating call letters, link to download call letters… Also, all candidate queries regarding the CWE will be handled by IBPS.
- Post the exams conducted by the RRBs, all the exam materials (test question paper, answer sheets etc) will be sent back to IBPS.
- IBPS will process the Written Exam Papers and issue score cards to the qualifying candidates. The score card will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
- RRBs will advertise their vacancies with the coordination of IBPS after the CWE results are announced.
- Qualified candidates will have to apply online as and when the notification is announced. IBPS will validate the scores and eligibility of the candidate and provide the names of shortlisted candidates for the Interview.
- Candidates selected in the Interview will then be sent Offer letters by the concerned RRB.
- To view the guidelines in detail, CLICK HERE